Nomad Africa is seeking an experienced advertising sales executive with a get the job done – hunter mentality. The ideal candidate must have experience in print + digital sales, and be self-motivated, organized, energetic and a self-starter with strong attention to detail, with a winning and positive personality. We are seeking an accomplished sales professional who is confident, passionate trailblazer and builder.
The advertising sales executive will work closely with the in-house sales coordinator on a daily basis, and report directly to the associate publisher and publisher. This is a sales/results-driven sales position with opportunities for growth and advancement based on performance.
You will be responsible for closing deals while making long-term business relationships and enjoying the many perks of working in the tourism industry. Applicants need to have an aptitude for sales, with exceptional communication and relationship-building skills.
- Build relationships with prospective and current accounts/stakeholders
- Effectively articulate and communicate the magazine’s brand to match it with appropriate advertising partners
- Networking with industry professionals and attending tourism events across Africa
- Develop advertising proposals
- Introducing our brand to new partners
- Creating custom advertising, marketing, and editorial sales packages
- Manage and track advertising sales/client data
- Meeting and exceeding weekly and monthly sales target
- An above average sales professional and determined, self-motivation, drive for results, consistent, positive, confident and resilient, and above all, have a champion’s work ethic
- Effective sales skills, negotiation techniques and superior communication skills (excellent command of the English language) are essential
- Self-starter with an ability to work productively in a team and within a competitive environment
- Money Motivated with a desire to earn that income by delivering clients an extraordinary experience
- Enjoys creatively building sales processes to help exceed goals. Multi-tasking ability & great remote work ethic
- Comfort making cold calls plus ability to think outside the box and work under pressure
- Experience in the media industry and selling advertising space in magazines and digital online
- Daily generation of new business through sales of display advertisements
- Reaching of weekly and monthly sales target imperative
- A proven track record of surpassing sales goals plus ability to plan, develop and implement sales strategies that produce results
- Strong understanding of the internet sales and media planning process
- Ability to develop custom marketing proposals and ideas
- Strong computer skills. Proficiency with Powerpoint and Excel.
Bachelor’s Degree (Preferred).
Mid/Senior – Print + Digital Advertising Sales: 5 years (Required).
Package & Remuneration
R35,000 ($1,800 USD) Gross Basic plus uncapped commission.
Fully Remote + On-site (only when required).
Benefits/Supplemental Pay Types
- Basic Salary
- Bonus pay
- Commission pay (Up to 25% commission on gross sales revenue)
- Monthly bonus
- Performance bonus
- Yearly bonus
- Southern Africa (South Africa & Botswana)
- East Africa (Kenya, Tanzania & Malawi)
- West Africa (Nigeria & Ghana)
30 April 2024
Please send a detailed cover letter (a must, please) and an updated CV/Resume.
About Nomad Africa:
Nomad Africa is the most authoritative Pan African Travel & Tourism magazine on the African market published quarterly by 2414 Publishing (Pty) Limited – a subsidiary of 2414 Media Group.
Borne from a passionate desire to dispel the negative perceptions which the world has held of the African Continent, and to replace it with a positive focus, Nomad Africa magazine celebrates life on the African continent. Covering stories from all countries and all cultures, it strives to include unique tourist attractions, business development, technology and investment opportunities as well as looking at the continent’s cultural heritage.